Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Jacob's birthday present


This is Jacob's birthday present. His name is Nyhmboulous Cade, Nhym for short. I have to tell you the story behind him. Jacob wanted 3 different things for his birthday which were all too expensive. Some of you might know we been having a really hard time this year financially. We just could not afford to get him what Jacob wanted. I finally told him that we just could not afford what he wanted and would he be satisfied with money. Jacob being who he is agreed but I could tell he was not very happy. This was already going to be a sad birthday for him because of family issues on my side of the family. I told the Lord I did not know what to do but that I would really like to get him at least one of the presents he wanted. I happened to look on Craigs list. There was a ferret with everything included for exactly the money we had for a present. I was so excited. The Lord is so good. He even cares about a 14 year old boys littlest wish and yet we can't trust Him for the big things in our lives. I am preaching this to myself. I wish everyone could have seen Jacob's face. He kept rubbing his eyes and looking at me like is this really mine. I told him the Lord takes care of us every time. Jacob has been saying every day this is the best gift I have ever received. This is coming from a boy who can't stand animals. David and I think this is so funny.

2 comments:

T & A said...

He's so cute! I wanna hold him! We'll have to get together soon so the kids can see him. They've never seen a ferret. That's great that God supplied...we serve a loving God!

jeannie said...

PTL! He is so good...

jeannie