Thursday, December 30, 2010

Year In Review

It has been so long since I have posted. We have had a pretty good year so far. Our life is so busy. It seems we have had hardly any time to breathe. This semester in school has been going all right. I think I finally have found curriculum which is a good fit for Maggie. Maggie is going to love to read just like her mom. At least we will have this in common. Once Maggie learns to do something she learns to do it well. Maggie is finally getting the hang of math. We are really liking Math U See. I like that it shows Maggie where she has made a mistake and why she has made it. Maggie also loves to spell. I think she has gotten all of her words right but one time. Brendan is doing pretty well in 7Th grade. He is having a little trouble with Teaching Textbooks. Brendan always seems to have trouble with problems that he already knows how to do. Jacob is doing very well in school. He is a lot like Maggie. Once he learns something Jacob does very well. Micah finished his first semester at college with all A's and one B. I am very proud of him. A person always wonders if homeschooling will pan out once their child goes to college. I can answer a resounding yes. Micah shows a lot of initiative. I would find him a lot of times writing a paper or doing his school work. It feels really strange not to have to remind him to do his work. Micah really loves college life. He just wishes he could find a girlfriend. David just got a promotion at work. So I do not see him a lot. When I do see him David is passed out on the couch. I am hoping for a wonderful 2012. With God on our side I have assurance that it will be successful.

No comments: