Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sleepy Time

I tried a pajama pattern by My Angie Girl. It turned out really cute. I used some scraps of oriental material I had left over. This pattern was very well written with lots of step by step pictures. This is great for me because I am a tactile/visual learner. 

I once again used this pattern as my base idea and then added my own touch. I get a lot of inspiration from different boutique childrens clothing companies. I added a big bow beneath the yoke and added a button in the middle of the bow. Instead of a ruffle I added ric rack to the bottom of the top and to the little bottoms. I also added little bows to the side of each leg. 

 I made my own slippers using two different patterns. I wanted to make clog type slippers instead of full house shoes. I couldn't find a pattern I liked so that is why I combined two. I used the same material as the pajamas. I also added invisible elastic to keep the slippers on. I might add some little bows to the sides. I think they look a little plain. I read a hint to use a paintbrush to paint fast tacky glue for shoe construction. It was a little slower than hot glue. But I was able to manipulate the slipper where I needed to. Plus I didn't get burnt fingers. 

Here is a picture of the outfit and shoes.


No comments: