The 40th anniversary edition of Roadfood includes 1,000 of America's best local eateries along highways and back roads, with nearly 200 new listings, as well as a brand new design.
Filled with enticing alternatives for chain-weary-travelers, Roadfood provides descriptions of and directions to (complete with regional maps) the best lobster shacks on the East Coast; the ultimate barbecue joints down South; the most indulgent steak houses in the Midwest; and dozens of top-notch diners, hotdog stands, ice-cream parlors, and uniquely regional finds in between. Each entry delves into the folkways of a restaurant's locale as well as the dining experience itself, and each is written in the Sterns' entertaining and colorful style. A cornucopia for road warriors and armchair epicures alike, Roadfood is a road map to some of the tastiest treasures in the United States.
Road Food is an epicurean's map to the top food joints in America. I found this book to be a little overwhelming. I liked all the facts and information about these different eating houses. I also liked how the book divided the USA by regions. In between these regions was the different cities with the best eateries. I also found out some places in my own city that I did not know about. The overwhelming part was the little words to describe these diners. There are literally page after page of eateries.
I would recommend this book for people who travel all over the United States and for those who just want to know what is the best place to eat in their hometowns.
"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:
Post a Comment