The Editor Says, " A charming and engrossing novel for fans of Southern fiction and the recent hit memoir Hillbilly Elegy about a lush and storied coal-mining town―and the good people who live there―in danger of being destroyed for the sake of profit. Will the truth about the town’s past be its final undoing or its saving grace?"
This book starts out in 1933 as a story of best friends. One is from a poor mining family and the other is the daughter of one of the mine owners. There is a lot of things that are evil going on in the small Appalachian town of Beulah Mountain. Both girls would like their town to become right. Fast forward to 2004 one of the girls is now an older woman. Only she knows the secret that happened in 1933 that separated a town and two girls forever. By the telling of the secret she will be set free.
I enjoyed this book immensely. I didn't want to put it down. It was a book that kept you guessing all of the way to the end. I have found a new best author. I will be keeping Chris Fabry on my list of favorite authors.
Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:
Post a Comment