Micah started his first job today. He is working as a courtesy clerk at BILO behind our house. This is a nice way to say a bag clerk. I do not know what I am going to do without him around the house. We have never been a part every day. I thought I was the only one feeling a little down until Micah said, "Mom, it is going to be weird not being with you every day." I almost started crying. I told him in a few years he is really going to be on his own and now is the time to start making good choices. Also to remember everything that mom and dad have taught him. This is just the start of the empty nest. I am proud of him but also sad.
1 comment:
This pulled at my heartstrings. I'll be going through this with my 13 year old sooner than I'd like to think. You have very nice young men!
Post a Comment