Saturday, January 19, 2013

Another Week


  In my life this week…Maggie has gone to the doctor twice. This is very unusual for her. She still is not one hundred percent. So we were not able to go to ballet, church, or piano. 

  In our home school this week…we still home schooled in spite of Maggie being sick. She didn't complain one bit. I was really proud of her. I was thinking of letting her off but she asked to home school. Brendan also did well this week. He is a lot of help to me. Picking up the slack in house hold things when I need to spend more time with Maggie.   

       Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share... do not just focus on getting school work done. Also find time to have fun with one another. Life is not always happy times at our house. In fact if I were honest I would say I do spend a lot of time being frustrated with one little girl. She really knows how to push my buttons. But I have to constantly remind myself not to be so hard. So take some time out to pray and have devotions. This will put everything back in perspective. 

  My favorite thing this week was… being able to stay home. We are gone everyday but Monday. We are either at Church, Ballet, or Piano. So it was nice to stay in the house playing games and staying out of the awful weather. 

  Questions/thoughts I have… when will I ever be able to control my emotions. I strive to do what is right but the minute I step out of my room. Everything just seems to fall apart. I think Satan knows this is my weakness. I feel like I constantly am giving into my feelings. It is a never ending struggle. 

  I’m reading... several devotionals and a new book by Ted Dekker. 

  I’m praying for… my husband in his new walk with the Lord and his new job. I am also praying for my children to always put God first in their lives. 

 A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strength.”  
  Corrie ten Boom

No comments: