In my life this week…I have been trying to get back into a normal routine. The Lord has really put my faith to a test this week. David was demoted at work. At first I was upset. But God reminded me that I am not exempt from going through tests. We are trusting God to meet our every need. We are also keeping a promise that we made to God at the beginning of the year.
In our home school this week… we have started our full schedules again. Last week we kind of took it easy. I started History again with Maggie. Well we were talking about the Carthagene wars with Rome, Brendan spoke up with some interesting facts that SOTW hadn't even mentioned. I have to say I was very impressed. Maggie also started back with her ballet and piano.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…is not to be so hard on yourself. Do not doubt yourself or your kids. They will get it. They are learning so much more than you think they are learning. Also focus on what interest them. They will learn so much more if it interests them.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… We started ballet again. Also we went to Ms. Ethel's for Maggie's piano lesson. She is doing so well. I am really pleased with Simply Music. Maggie is learning to play so fast. She is also loving it, I might add.
My favorite thing this week was… that David had a couple of days off this week. So we were able to go to the Aquarium . We really enjoyed ourselves because nobody was there. We were able to see a lot more without fighting the crowds.
Questions/thoughts I have… why does God bring trials into our lives. I know that it is grow us more in His image. It is also to bring glory to Him. I just have a hard time accepting this sometimes. Sometimes I just hate to think of the new year coming. It always seems like something is going to or will happen. I know this is not a good attitude. But I am just being honest.
Things I’m working on… I have started up my tatting again. I think I am going to try to make my mom some coasters for her birthday. I am also working on my attitude.
I’m reading… several devotionals. I am also trying to read my Bible in a year. I am using the Chronological method. I also blog for books. So I am reading a new book by Colleen Coble. She is one of my favorite authors.
I’m praying for… my family, my sister and my relationship to be restored, our church, our pastor, our music ministry, tortured Christians in the world, the end of abortion, America and the President.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
No comments:
Post a Comment