In my life this week…I have had a pretty calm week. I got to sleep in almost every day. Which I always feel bad about doing. But I think that is what is keeping me well. I also found out I am going to be an Aunt again sometime in August.
In our home school this
week… Brendan had quite a few test. He made all A
s and B's. I was very proud of him. I was especially happy with his Health test. It was a very hard test. He had to remember a lot of medical terms from the first of the year. Brendan made a 90. That I feel is very good. We played a lot of games this week. Maggie is just about ready to start her 3rd level math. She is very excited to start learning multiplication. She is also really enjoying Nancy Drew on her Nexus. I have found out this week that she is having a really hard time tracking with her reading. If I read the story she can answer all the questions. But if she reads it by herself then she cannot answer any questions. I have a feeling that she has a mild form of dyslexia. I am going to be talking to the eye doctor about her tracking abilities. I know he is going to want to do visual therapy with her. But I cannot afford what he wants to charge.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Be willing to accept that your family is unique. I have a tendency to compare our home school with other people's home school. We are not all made to get up at 5 in the morning. Have wonderful breakfasts and great school days every day. I used to feel so guilty. But I was stressing myself out and being ugly to my kids because I was tired by the time they got up. So find what works for your kids and go with it.
Places we’re going and
people we’re seeing… we went to ballet this week but did not have piano again. Maggie's piano teacher's family is all sick. Tomorrow Maggie is going to her special little friend's birthday party. She is so excited.
My favorite thing this week was… finding another Precious Moment statue at Goodwill. I always love finding a good deal.
Questions/thoughts I
have… why do young adults, especially at my house, have to be so self centered. I feel like screaming a lot of times. I have great kids. But this is a new phase I have never been through. Teenagers are nothing compared to this.
Things I’m working on… I am working on my anger issues. Pastor Hayes message on Sunday made me realize that a lot of my anger is quiet hating. I hate to be inconvenieced or bothered. So I get angry. I just want to get things done. I don't have time for people being slow. This is really just pride on my part.
I’m praying for... my husband to have wisdom in his job situation. I am also praying for my oldest to realize what he is doing with his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment