In my life this week… we have been busy trying to put a metal roof on our house. We also went to Habitat for Humanity resale store. We were able to get some doors for the house and some french doors. If you haven't been there it is a great place to get home repair items.
In our homeschool this week…since we have been so busy with the roof I have been letting Brendan learn some building skills. One day he will have his own house and this will be a great skill for him. He is also getting to spend some much needed time with his dad. Maggie and I have continued homeschooling. She finally has started her third level in math. This puts her only one year behind in math. She is so proud of herself.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… if your child has the opportunity to learn a new skill let him or her do this in place of school. Who says school only has to be done with books?
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… we haven't really gone anywhere new. I did have bronchitis and the flu really bad. I have never been so sick in my life. I just felt like dying. It was awful.
My favorite thing this week was… I finally got a serger. After being without one for almost a year and a half, I finally will be able to start sewing again. I think all things a person sews should look as good on the inside as the outside.
Things I’m working on… I have been working on tatting a doll hat. I bought a really nice doll from the Goodwill. But she didn't have a bonnet. So I am making her one.
I’m reading… the ultimate serger guide. I need to go over some serger techniques.
I’m praying for…my son Micah. He is really straying far from the Lord and his family. I am also praying for the new Spanish ministry starting at church. This is such a huge need.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share… This song has run through my head today. With so many trials going on in our lives right now I need this song.
In our homeschool this week…since we have been so busy with the roof I have been letting Brendan learn some building skills. One day he will have his own house and this will be a great skill for him. He is also getting to spend some much needed time with his dad. Maggie and I have continued homeschooling. She finally has started her third level in math. This puts her only one year behind in math. She is so proud of herself.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… if your child has the opportunity to learn a new skill let him or her do this in place of school. Who says school only has to be done with books?
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… we haven't really gone anywhere new. I did have bronchitis and the flu really bad. I have never been so sick in my life. I just felt like dying. It was awful.
My favorite thing this week was… I finally got a serger. After being without one for almost a year and a half, I finally will be able to start sewing again. I think all things a person sews should look as good on the inside as the outside.
Things I’m working on… I have been working on tatting a doll hat. I bought a really nice doll from the Goodwill. But she didn't have a bonnet. So I am making her one.
I’m reading… the ultimate serger guide. I need to go over some serger techniques.
I’m praying for…my son Micah. He is really straying far from the Lord and his family. I am also praying for the new Spanish ministry starting at church. This is such a huge need.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share… This song has run through my head today. With so many trials going on in our lives right now I need this song.
No comments:
Post a Comment