Thursday, July 3, 2014

Another Week

In My Life This Week-

   There really was not a lot that went on this week. We made it to both church services. This is really hard to do with David going to school and working. We have had a trying week this week in our family. David's dad is in the hospital with early kidney failure. David's granddaddy probably won't make it past this weekend.


In Our Homeschool This Week-

    We have had a good week homeschooling. Maggie seems to be catching on to division. Brendan is still doing well in all his subjects. I might have to rethink his literature.

Helpful Homeschool Advice or Tips to Share-

  If something doesn't work don't be upset or scared to try something else. I have spent literally hundreds of dollars and hours looking for the curriculum that fits my children.

Places We're Going and People We're Seeing-
       
      We are traveling this weekend to see Jacob at Fort Rucker, Alabama. I am not looking forward to the six hour trip. But I am excited to spend some time with my son.


My Favorite Thing This Week Was-

   Working on some doll outfits for Maggie's birthday. I am excited about how far I have come in my sewing.



Questions and Thoughts I have-

   Why do people think they have to hide things from there loved ones? I think people appreciate you more if your honest. I know I handle things better if I am told up front. Then finding out later on.


Things I Am Working On-

   I am working on doll outfits. I finished two outfits, two shorts, and smocked a nightgown. I also cut out 5 different patterns.


I Am Reading-
  
  I am still reading Daddy's Gone A-Hunting by Mary Higgins Clark.

I Am Praying-

    David's grandparents, Pastor, David's new job, our church, David's Dad, Our sons in the Army, Our children at home.

No comments: