It has been a long time since I have written on my blog. Life has been crazy since my last post.
In August my mother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer. I spent all of August and the first two weeks of September caring for her 24/7. Terry went home to be with the Lord September 14.
She and I were not close for all the years David and I have been married. But that last month we became extremely close. It was the first time I have ever lost anyone close to me.
In October my father in law moved from a rehabilitation hospital to live in our home full time. It has been a whirlwind.
It is so hard to care for someone who mentally thinks he is independent but physically is not. I feel like I am more his mother than his daughter in law. Most days it is very easy to care for him. But other days he is near impossible to live with.
God has been good to our family through our grief and challenges. But sometimes a person wonders why all this is happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment