Friday, June 6, 2008

New Passion

I have found a new passion in life. I started learning to swim last May. I have been swimming on and off for a year now. I really like it. I can almost swim a whole lap without stopping. This might not sound like a big deal to a lot of people but I am scared to death of the deep end. I almost drowned when I was little. I have been frightened ever since. I am also heavier than I should be so I run out of breath pretty fast. I am learning at this point to be a more proficient swimmer. I have been sleeping better at night. Also I am not sore like when I walk or exercise. Swimming also gives you a better workout. You are not only working on the outside but also your heart and lungs. I just feel great after I am done swimming.

3 comments:

T & A said...

I'm not the best swimmer, but I love to swim. It's great exercise. I wish we had a YMCA with a pool closer to our house. I would definitely join. Have fun!!

Vicki said...

I love to swim too! I wish I had a place near enough to me to swim often. It's great exercise, and it makes me sleep better too. Have fun swimming!
Vicki

Angie said...

Bonnie thats great your swimming I wish I had a pool near by that sounds like lots of fun I am happy for you!!!!