Thursday, June 19, 2008

Schedules

I have been trying to make schedules for the last two days. We will be starting a little earlier this year. So I thought I better get on the ball. This year I had the boys sit down with me to help plan their schedules. I hate to hear every year why do I have so much to do. I told them to make sure that this is how they wanted their schedules because it will be their fault if it is too much. Of course Jacob was trying to do everything in three days so he could have two days off. I told him that was not going to work. I also let them help me pick their curriculum this year. I am getting excited about school. I love the smell of new books and supplies. Plus since we are starting early we will be taking more breaks. Last year was really hard because of all my surgeries and we did not take hardly any days off. I will be homeschooling four this year. I am a little excited but more scared. The boys basically are on their own. I do check their work every day. We plan to use log books this year for different things we do not necessarily have books for. I plan to focus the most attention on Brendan. He is having trouble with a few things. I am trying to do a lot more with his learning style. Maggie pretty much should be done within a half hour. I do plan on doing extra things with her. Just keep me in your prayers.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I"m praying for you Bonnie! We're trying some different things this year too, like schooling through the summer. We took off the last couple of weeks in May, and the first week in June, then started back June 9, but we wil be taking lots of shorter breaks through the year. So far, it's working out really well, and I wish I had stated doing it this way a long time ago!
I hope the Lord richly blesses your fmaily in the coming school year.
Vicki

Angie said...

I'll be praying for you too you know I will need prayers too. I'll be homeschooling Breanna and she is definatly a handfull she's like the energizer bunny just keeps on going. I will be trying different things with her that I didn't do with the boys I sure hope it all works out. Have a great year!!!