Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Vacation
We are on vacation for three weeks. Last week we spent with my sister Jamie. We always have a good time when they are here. We really hate to see them leave. I have been working with Maggie every day because I started later with her. I love this new way we are homeschooling this year. I woke up this morning and it was still pitch dark outside at six. I thought to myself I wouldn't trade places with any mom who has to get whiny kids out of bed to go to school. My mom told me that my sister Melanie's kids cry every morning because they are tired. I think that is sad. I enjoy being able to go back to bed and snuggle with Maggie. She is so warm when she is asleep. You only have your children for so long and they are gone. I also thought this morning how sad that moms are missing this special time with their children. I am going to use the rest of our vacation getting different projects done that I normally cannot get done. We went to the zoo today. Because it was so cool out all of the animals were very active. Once again I was counting my blessings about homeschooling. We would not have been able to see the chimps eating watermelon or Micah dancing in front of the iguanas and making them bob there heads if my children were in school. Everyday the Lord is making me grateful for this path He has set before me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bonnie, I love homeschooling too!! We had fun visiting with you too!!!
Bonnie,
I think of how great it is homeschooling too I am glad that I do. Matthew and Breanna are doing very well Breanna has enjoyed it completely I am so glad she does when I tucked her into bed tonight and prayed with her I gave her an extra hug and told her how glad I am that I homeschool her and she said she was happy too.
Post a Comment