Saturday, December 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Brendan

Brendan turned 12 on Thursday. He is getting so mature. Brendan has been such a blessing and a good learning lesson. I was happy when I just had the two oldest boys. Then I found out I was pregnant with Brendan. I was not the happiest in the world. I thought I had a bad sinus infection but found out I was pregnant instead. David was in the military. I did not want to have a baby on the army base. Plus I was missing my family so much. Then I was told that Brendan was a girl. We were so excited. The night before I was to have him I told David that we had better come up with a boy's name. We decided on Brendan Gabriel. When Brendan was born they told me he was another boy. The doctor asked if I was disappointed. I said definitely no. The first couple of days that I stayed at the military hospital was a complete nightmare. I not only was recovering from a c-section but also had to take care of a newborn who wanted to cry all the time. The military hospital policy was the baby stayed with the mother 24/7. Finally a nurse came in one night and said some babies want to sleep with their moms. She then put him in the bed with me. I never had another problem out of Brendan. He always has loved to cuddle. Brendan still is a loving and gentle soul. My mom says he is a good buddy. Brendan's middle name fits him to a tee. He even has curls like an angel. All the old ladies love to touch his curly hair. We are so blessed to have Brendan. The Lord knows exactly what to give people when they need it the most.

No comments: