Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Quitting Is an Option

Women know that raising children will be different from climbing the corporate ladder. But nothing can truly prepare them for the mind-muddling world of motherhood. It doesn't take long for a new mom to question whether her tyrannical, diapered boss really understands her value to the organization. Because honestly? She's not always sure herself.

Part of the title of this book is "Quitting is not an option". I have to say I had to quit after chapter 10. I had a really hard time keeping up with Sarah Parshall Perry. One minute she was doing one thing then in the next paragraph she was at a different job or place in her life. She kept giving different scenarios and I was never sure if it was her or someone else's life. I understood that she was trying to give hope to moms that the way they parent is different from anyone else and that it was okay. But I found this book very confusing in a lot of areas. 

I was given this book to review by the publisher and was not paid or compensated in any way.

No comments: