Tuesday, April 21, 2015

New Outfit with a Twist

I finished another doll outfit. I used All Dolled Up's 1st Day of Summer pattern. I loved this pattern because it was well written and easy to follow. But I thought it looked a little plain. So I added a strip of material around the waistband. I also added a placket with buttons down the front of the top. I made these to tie in with the shorts. The material I used was an old Ralph Lauren dress which I picked up at the Good will. I probably will make the arm straps longer next time. I don't like how it fits off the shoulder.

I also used All Dolled Up's free pattern for sandals. I made small bows to add on the front of the shoes. These were very quick and easy. I hot glued everything. It was nice I didn't have to sew anything.

I made some twisted boutique bows  to tie the whole outfit together. Here is the pictures of Sophia Grace wearing it.


No comments: