Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Fresh Version of the Bible using American History

" Discover how biblical virtues in the powerful words and actions of extraordinary American women past and present have shaped our blessed American way of life. By their examples you can develop the same strength of biblical character in your own life. Whether you are a daughter, a mother or a grandmother, you will find this Bible an encouraging and powerful companion for daily living," says Thomas Nelson Publishers. 

  I received this Bible to review. I was greatly surprised by the wealth of information about American women through America's history. A lot of these women I had never heard of.  I loved the different quotes, stories of virtues, and history of different eras in American History. I also liked how each book of the Bible was prefaced by the history, times, and author of each book of the Bible. I don't usually read the King James Version but I liked to learn the history of the King James Version. I also liked the patriotic aspect of this Bible. With July 4th coming it was a refreshing reminder of our American Heritage. 

  I was given a review copy for my honest opinion and received no other compensation. 

No comments: